Old September 28th 07, 09:28 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids
[email protected]

Default Problem bottle feeding one of the twins

Hi again,

Thank you for all the great info. Just to clarify, I was talking
about breastmilk in the bottle. As for burping, she does burp well
(finally) but burping her makes no difference in her fighting the
bottle when she starts to do that. She had taken the bottle perfectly
earlier on but maybe now it is just a preference to the breast. I
don't think we're trying to overfeed her because she starts fighting
the bottle sometimes after only taking 1 oz. Typically, we try to
give both of them 4-5 oz per feed when we bottle them (they are each
just under 12 lbs and feed 5-6 times per day). I do feed her sitting
upright and have also tried feeding her by putting her in her bumbo
chair but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The doctor says it is
the reflux and that's where the Prevacid comes in.

I'm going back to work soon and my wife was hoping that she might
exclusively pump and bottle both girls with the breastmilk rather then
nurse them one at a time as it would be far quicker. Unfortunately,
Hannah doesn't take to the tandem nursing very well either and until
they can self latch and hold my wife literally needs an extra hand to
do it. Bottling one, nursing the other and then pumping doesn't
really buy her any more time so I guess we'll have to make the
decision on going to formula or not. She's just putting so much
pressure on herself to keep them on breastmilk only...