Old April 5th 04, 02:53 PM
Belphoebe

Default Quick introduction of myself :)

JennP wrote:
"Carol Ann" wrote in message
news:lKZbc.181404$_w.1837952@attbi_s53...

I'm having difficulty with this one. I'm about a 40 E (before my
milk came in). How can I do this?

Just practicing? You might find it easier to prop her toward you with
a little pillow. There was no way I could do it in the beginning. It
took some practice then I did it all the time.

Also, if you have a good LC at your hospital, ask her to show you how to
nurse lying down. This was one of the best things I learned during my
hospital stay. And in addition to that, you still need to practice. I'd
suggest doing a lot of little naptime practices--you're likely to be less
tired and more patient. Fiddle around with positioning, and you'll find
what works best for both of you. I haven't found being large-breasted to be
a detriment to nursing lying down. On the contrary, I can feed from both
without rotating the baby to my other side.

--
Belphoebe