Old February 19th 04, 07:05 PM
Tine Andersen

Default OT religion and smacking

"teapot" skrev i en meddelelse
m...
On the train yesterday I was talking to a woman who was keen to tell
me that children need to be disciplined from an early age. I did all
the neutral 'oh really, well that's not how I want to do it but thanks
anyway' stuff but then she told me that she had read about it in a
book her pastor had lent her. It said that you should smack but not
with the hand as that is for love, but with a paddle. She was reading

In Denmark this has been illegal the last seven years. Not even parents are
allowed to smack - neither with hand or with anything else. A child can
report it to the police if he is slapped.

It takes time for some people to get used to, but they mean it!! (the
legislation)

Tine, Denmarik