Old February 19th 04, 09:22 PM
Sue

Default OT religion and smacking

New York Jen wrote in message
I believe that here in the US, if you sign something agreeing to let the
school discipline your child, they are allowed to do so as long as they
don't leave any visible marks on the child. I may have just fabricated
that in my mind from watching too many television shows, but that's what
sticks in my mind.

In any case, if ANYONE lays a FINGER on my child, they are going to have

to respond to one mad as hell momma with flying fists!

To my knowledge (at least here in Michigan) the public school system may not
physically punish your child (i.e. spank). In the 6 years my kids have been
in school, I've never signed anything regarding disipline. They would be
under huge scrutiny if they did and probably fired. It's been a law for
quite some time now. Private schools may differ on this policy. And also,
I've never even seen any TV where they spank children in school unless it
was an extremely old show.

--
Sue (mom to three girls)