Old October 6th 03, 12:32 AM
KarenC

Default refusal to feed after 5 mins

My first child languished for hours while nursing; my second was rarely
interested for more than 6 or 7 minutes, even as a newborn....and it was the
second who gained weight more quickly. Some babies are just very efficient
nursers. Count wet diapers and get her to a pediatrician periodically so
you can weigh her if you are worried.

Karen

"jools" wrote in message
Hello this is my first post,
My baby is two weeks old and I am having trouble breastfeeding. At the
moments she will take no more than 5 minutes at the breast before becoming
distressed and crying/screaming. She then falls asleep and refuses to take
anymore from breast or bottle. I am worried that she will not be getting
enough feed - I have had no visit from a health visitor as yet so am

unable
to judge my babies health - weight gain etc. In the last 8 hours she has
only fed for about 16 minutes in total - I am woried - can anyone offer

any
advice
Thankyou