Old September 4th 08, 11:54 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Default My concerns

lu-lu schrieb:
snip
Oh well. Thanks for the brain airing space Sorry for going on.

Been there, done that. It'll go away, really. The week before Sara's
birth I was thinking "I can never ever love her as much as Sam. OMG! I
will hate her, she will feel neglected, she'll need therapy for the rest
of her life because I'm a horrible mother! What am I doing?!" then she
was born and the hormones kicked in and I love her just as much as I
love Sam.
Sure, I don't spend as much time with Sam anymore, but I do have two
children now. Of course I can't spend all my time with just one of them.
But that's getting better and better as Sara grows and gets more and
more independent and doesn't need to be held all the time and likes to
go off exploring on her own and can sit quietly looking at a book. (Can
you believe she just turned a year this week? Time sure flies.) Anyway,
yes, the start will be stressful but it'll get better. I'm sure you'll
love the baby just as much as your daughter and she'll probably love him
lots, too, but sometimes will hate him, but that's natural. As my
midwife once said "Well, how would you feel if your partner brought home
a new and younger woman, told you you needed to love her just as much as
he does, you can't make too much noise when she's sleeping and she needs
a lot of sleep,..."
I'd recommend finding info about dealing with your older child fears and
reactions to the baby.

cu
nicole - who has to run and get Sam from school.