Old August 7th 03, 03:50 AM
iphigenia

Default Baby Food Question

Naomi Pardue wrote:

So far as I know it is the same. Why wouldn't it be? (Formula isn't
lacking in any vitamin that would need to be provided by starting
solids earlier.)

I didn't say it shouldn't be; I looked on the AAP page and couldn't find any
information on the matter, so I *asked*. I wasn't trying to imply anything.
I was just wondering, because formula and breastmilk are not equal. For
example, it seems to be commonly held that rice cereal has some use to
formula-fed babies because it's iron-enriched, but it's not particularly
useful for breastfed babies.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net