Old August 7th 03, 08:50 AM
Herself

Default Baby Food Question

Ali's Daddie wrote:

Alegra is not ready for solids yet. In fact, the pediatrician said that she
will discuss with us the introduction of solids at our next visit (september
30th). 4 month visit.

Along with the others, I'd recommend waiting to 6 months. Food
allergies in babies *suck*, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

What I am wanting to know is how many of you make your own baby food?

We did...sorta :-).

What kind of processor (blender etc) do you use?

Our stick/hand blender has a chopper attachment...that worked great, but
half the time we just used the stick blender.

And lastly, where do you get the recipes?

I just thought about what I would like. We waited to give our son
solids til he was 1 year (breastfed exclusively), so he was ready for
all types when we started him. Chicken and apricots are a big favorite
still. There is a great UK cookbook that I think you can get on Amazon
by Annabel Karmel called The Baby and Toddler Meal Planner. A lot of
the later foods can be made for the whole family, and the babies' food
just gets smushed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-D

Enjoy yourself, and don't stress if she doesn't like something, but
don't push either. It's a learning experience for her until she's a lot
older...oh, one thing we've noticed. Babies like social settings...so
if you both can sit at the table with her when she's eating (or all of
you have meals together) you're teaching her interaction as well as
keeping her interested.

Hey, any pics of the Diva? :-)
--
Meself