View Single Post
Old October 28th 10, 02:14 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
carole
external usenet poster

Default Lies, Damned Lies, and Medical Science

"dr_jeff" wrote in message ...
On 10/27/10 6:04 AM, carole wrote:

There are many examples of cures to diseases being suppressed, although none of the skeptics in this ng would agree.

Please, share some of those cures that are being suppressed. Please provide evidence both that the cures work (good evidence,
not
just anecdotes). And, evidence that the cures are being suppressed.

There was a website called http://www.cancer-tutor.org with all sorts of cancer cures, but it has been suppressed.

How has it been suppressed? Try www.cancertutor.org (no dash).

Thanks for that jeff -- appreciated.

They all seem
to follow along with the establishment mantra about alternative medicine being useless while allopathic can do no wrong.

I don't recall anyone saying allopathic medicine can do no wrong. All things have risks, allopathic medicine included.

You make all sorts of allowances for scientific medicine - the massive amounts spent on research, the minimal returns, the
pharmaceutical "me too" drugs that don't do anything more than the cheaper ones, the scientific studies that are mostly flawed,
and
the vaccinations that probably cause autism in 1/100 kids.

The vaccinations do not cause autism. This conjecture has been tested in many studies and has been supported. There is no good
evidence that autism is caused by vaccines at all.

Except that the autism began at the same time they increased the amount of vaccinations.
There are ways of manipulating studies.

Yet OTOH you bag alternative medicine relentlessly and call it rot, rubbish and crap because there are no scientific studies.

That, and that there is no scientific basis to beleive that the alternative medicine work and plenty of scientific basis to
believe that they don't work, like the over $1 billion wasted at NCCAM that found that not one alternative therapy tested worked.
Not one.

I don't think they looked very hard, and probably found ways to manipulate the studies which is easy when you have the complementary
remedies function NCCAM under the control of the pharmaceutical section..

Of course, con-med (aka conjecture-based medicine or alternative medicine) is, by definition, unproven.

So is 90% of science based medicine with its flawed studies.

Wrong. The flawed studies are ignored or proven to have unreliable results. You are very misleading when you say that 90% of
medicine is wrong to the point of lying.

But they don't know which studies are flawed.
I didn't say 90% of medicine is wrong, rather 90% of studies have flaws.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...-science/8269/
Lies, Damned Lies, and Medical Science
"Much of what medical researchers conclude in their studies is misleading, exaggerated, or flat-out wrong. So why are doctors-to
a
striking extent-still drawing upon misinformation in their everyday practice? Dr. John Ioannidis has spent his career challenging
his peers by exposing their bad science."

And the bad science is ignored. Many of the studies are pilot studies that have too few subjects to be useful. Others have other
flaws. The difference between science and alternative medicine is that the flawed studies get routed out or ignored, while
alternative medicine keeps using the flawed studies because either they don't know better or are more interested in selling their
snake oil medicine rather than helping people.

I'll let that go just this time, since you found the website www.cancertutor.org that I'd lost.

--
Carole
www.conspiracee.com
"Of course, no one in this modern day and age really believes in the conspiracy theory of history - except those who have taken the
time to study the subject." -Gary Allen