Old October 18th 05, 08:47 PM
Melania

Default mixed feelings about total bottle rejection

snip
Will he drink from a regular cup? You'd have to help him with it, but
my son started drinking from a cup at barely past 5 months old. He
didn't figure out how to use a sippy until he was about a year old.

Clisby

Yeah, my eldest didn't work out the sippy cup thing till he was well
past a year - we couldn't impress upon him the need to tip it up! Last
night I expressed an ounce and gave the bottle to the baby to play with
in his swing. He did not bad at getting the nipple in his mouth and
chewing it. I think the big problem is that he's forgotten how to suck
from a bottle nipple. I bet the cup thing would work - that's what
we'll try when next the baby stays home with dh!

thanks,
Melania

I wonder if he's teething. My son started rejecting a bottle at about
6 months - and he'd had at least a bottle a day from the time he was
about 2 weeks old, so I doubt he forgot. He was *really* teething,
though, and all he wanted to do with the bottle was chomp on the nipple
while EBM sprayed everywhere.

Clisby

Oh, yeah. He's been teething on and off for a couple of months now, and
is definitely going through a chomping phase. He doesn't have any
actual teeth yet, though. So far, he's only bit the nipple 3 or 4
times, which is good - we'll see how he does down the road!

Melania