Old June 22nd 08, 08:58 AM posted to misc.kids
NL

Default Cloth diaper question

xkatx schrieb:
For those that use cloth or have used cloth...
What is, in your opinion, the best type of material to use for cloth
diapers?
There seems to be so many options, but I'm wondering if there's a great
material that is soft, absorbant and allows air. Also, if possible,
something that is kind of common and fairly easy to track down that won't
cost an arm and a leg. Not looking for great brands or anything, just the
material.

I bought "molton". It's 100% cotton and kind of fluffy/rough on both
sides. Kind of like flannel but thicker. I used two layers with elastic
at the sides, about 1-2cm in from the seam, and the seam was done with a
serger. I did velcro closures, one strip of loops across the front two
hook tabs at the sides of the back. If you want I can take pictures ;-)

cu
nicole