Old June 22nd 08, 06:28 PM posted to misc.kids
Clisby[_2_]

Default Cloth diaper question

Rosalie B. wrote:
"xkatx" wrote:

For those that use cloth or have used cloth...
What is, in your opinion, the best type of material to use for cloth
diapers?
There seems to be so many options, but I'm wondering if there's a great
material that is soft, absorbant and allows air. Also, if possible,
something that is kind of common and fairly easy to track down that won't
cost an arm and a leg. Not looking for great brands or anything, just the
material.

I used the old cotton Birdseye (?) diapers. Gauze I think. Cheap and
soft and hardwearing, but they required that you fold them. That also
meant that you COULD fold them so that you didn't have to keep buying
different sizes. Just fold differently. I don't know if you can get
them anymore.

That's what my mother and sister used. I don't know whether you can buy
them anymore, either. When I had my first 12 years ago I couldn't find
them. I know what you mean about folding, since I'm the eldest of 6
and did plenty of diaper-folding in my younger days. I still have
trouble connecting "cloth diapers" and "sizes" in my head.

Clisby