Old August 8th 03, 12:32 AM
Sue

Default Treadmill for a child

, "toypup" wrote
Treadmills are kinda boring for a kid, couldn't he suggest something more
interesting for excercise?

Daye wrote in message

What happened to going for a walk? It is a lot more interesting than
a threadmill.

Well for one thing, unless I was able to go with my child each and every
time, I don't want them out walking by themselves. We don't necessarily live
in a bad neighborhood, but there are not a lot of sidewalks around so they
would have to walk in the street. My other two kids would not be able to
keep up either. There are plenty of days in the winter where it is extremely
cold, too cold for a kid to be walking. And, if the child is that
overweight, he might not want to bring attention to himself. I know that is
one of the reasons my husband won't go walk.

I think a treadmill is a fine idea, especially to gain some stamina and
confidence that he can lose the weight. I think though, enrolling him in
some sort of sports progam would be nicer or an aerobics class if an adult
can join with him.
--
Sue
mom to three girls