Old December 15th 08, 02:52 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default maternity and nursing clothes

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Being a foreigner, I don't know which stores sell maternity or nursing
stuff, particularly at the cheaper to middle end of the market, we live in
a relatively up market place and other than motherhood maternity (and even
then it had mimi maternity with triple the prices in the front of the
store), everything is close to giving me a heart attack!

I'd particularly like to hear of sources of nursing basics.

Thanks
Anne

I don't know what you have local, or what might be the same as where I am,
but I looove Motherhood Maternity.
We have places like Thyme Maternity, and I find Thyme and Motherhood to be
about the same store, but Thyme is far more expensive. Motherhood also
seems to have a bigger slection of nursing wear than Thyme, and Motherhood
here always has a whole lot (probably half the store) of clearance items. I
raid those racks as soon as I walk in - straight to the back to the
clearance section I go LOL
Here Old Navy also sells a fair bit of mat clothes, but I've yet to see any
type of nursing wear there. Same with Roots... Roots Clothing store here
has a maternity section, but I don't know if that store is available to you.
When my mom was in Vegas at the end of October, she picked up a few
maternity shirts for me at Kmart, I believe it was. Nothing fancy or
spectacular, just some basic t-shirts. I do not know if they have any real
selection, though... We no longer have Kmarts here, but I do know that
places like Walmart and Zellers have a very, very sad and pathetic maternity
clothing selection...
I like to keep an eye out for mat clothes second hand... With maternity
clothes, they usually seem to be fairly new when they're second hand... And
usually still in great condition. If you have some sort of buy-and-sell
sites local online, that might be an idea? I know we have a number of sites
like that for buying and selling, so maybe your area has something
similar...