Old April 24th 08, 08:18 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
NL

Default Is Anybody Still Here?

I'm still reading ;-) Sara is nearly 8 months old now, we have kinda
sorta started solids but she's definitely getting those more for
entertainment than for nutrition... She doesn't like pumpkin much and
she gets constipated from it, too (no, I do not know how a kid can
manage 3 days constipation from 1 TB pumpkin).
I'm giving her "rice waffles" (popped rice pressed into round shape,
some call it edible Styrofoam...) but since she likes making choking
noises for fun (i.e. when she's got nothing in her mouth) because I come
running when she does that I'm not that keen on her eating those things
right now. Choking noises with rice waffle bits in mouth are not my idea
of a fun time ;-). But dang she loves those things because it's
something she can eat herself, meaning, I give it to her willingly and
don't usually take it away, unlike paper, shoes, hair clips, hand cream,
pens,....
Have I mentioned I have an octopus? She can reach everything and I'm
nearly sure she has little suction cups on her finger tips so she can
grab stuff better. Eating while nursing is no longer an option ;-)

cu
nicole