Old October 9th 03, 09:58 PM
pcb

Default Help! bleeding (somewhat graphic)

I've had a really long day at work that included lots of walking,
especially up and down stairs. I've just started my 2nd trimester and
when I got home this evening and changed my clothes I saw that I had
bled during the latter part of the day. I do remember sitting on the
train and feeling as if I were but I've had this sensation before and
when I've gone to the bathroom to check there hasn't been anything, so I
don't think much of it. I was really shocked when I actually saw blood;
it wasn't really red, more of a brownish color. But it's definitely
enough to stain a pad, not just spotting. I'm not sure what to do. Do
I call my doctor? go to the hospital?

I haven't even said anything to my DH because just yesterday he was
telling me that I've been doing too much lately and I need to slow down.
I brushed him off and told him I was ok. I was! But now this really
has me scared. This is our first and most probably only child and I
hate to think that I've put his/her life in jeopardy. I'm 39 btw. I
checked "What to Expect When Expecting" and it didn't say anything that
makes me particularly worried, but I am. I'm supposed to go to a
wedding tomorrow up in Oxford (I'm in London), but now I think maybe I
should stay home since it's going to be a very long day, most probably
12pm-12am.

Help!