Old October 10th 03, 05:10 AM
chiam margalit

Default stats

Penny Gaines wrote in message ...
SarahH wrote in :

Fair enough Once a week I collate all the a.m postings (just the
subject/poster info) and publish them. It looks like this (hope no one
minds the reposting to another group) (snipped for brevity):

Newsgroup 'alt.mothers' - Weekly Stats 05-Oct-03
Generated by Sarah

[snip]
------------------------START SECTION 'POSTERS'-----------------------

[snip]

--------------------START SECTION 'BANDWIDTH HOGS!'-------------------

[snip]

I don't mind the general stats about number of posts etc, but I don't like
the idea of having detailed analysis of my posting habits being made public.
I know that anyone could work them out via google etc, but I don't want
things made too easy for them.

Not surprisingly, I agree with Penny. Besides being a complete waste
of bandwidth, what is the point of making it even easier for spammers
to track posting habits. I know this is a big A.M. thing, and it's a
huge ego trip for some of the posters who get to the top of the list,
but (thank G*D) this isn't AM and most of the regular posters here
have more sense than to care about who posted the most posts and than
have yet another stupid discussion about it every month. Keep it in
fluff central, please. HUGS!!!

Marjorie