Old February 11th 06, 01:50 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Newborn cries by night, sleeps happily by day

In article .com,
"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote:

My husband is on the end of his tether: tonight was his first baby
vigil night, after I had done the previous two nights. Our little girl
is an angel by day but something seems to trigger 2-hour long crying
fits by night and we're just stumped as to what might be causing it.
She's clean and fed and held in our arms and still won't stop. I
personally am dealing with it much better than her dad who is
devastated because it kills him to be so helpless with his beloved
princess. Any ideas?

Only that two hours is not that long, and this is pretty normal for a
newborn.

Have you tried swaddling her when she's very unhappy? Some babies are
comforted by that.

I think most of us have spent many middle of the night hours walking the
floor with a crying baby!