Old June 13th 07, 05:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Default Baby names and NO idea

"beyond the pale" wrote in message

"Jamie Clark" wrote

Well, even if she had to spell it for teachers, the plus side is that all
she has to say is "How do I spell it? Just like it sounds, Sara - no H
and Beth" Unless Beth is just not a name ever heard in your parts.

The way people change spellings, almost anything could need to be spelled,
even the teacher doesn't think so. Look how many names are on the Top 100
SSN List that are on there several times with variant spellings.

Madison sounds simple, right? But some people spell it Madyson now. I
remember back in the day Melissa was a very common name and now I see it
coming back, but it's often spelled Melyssa. I even know a Malyssa. Jacob,
Jakob, Katelynn, Kaitlin, Catelyn, too many to list, and as I was thinking
of using Caitlin I realized I can't remember the "proper" way to spell it,
I am still thinking is it Caitlin or Caitlyn?? LOL..And then I wonder,
would that make her Cate or Cait? :P

I totally agree, about having to spell pretty much any name now. Even the
old standards of Ann, could be Anne. My last name is Clark, which I always
have to say, "No e." It's just a fact of life, but mostly it is all those
dang "creative" spellers who are to blame. Oh well.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest