Old October 25th 03, 10:05 PM
Sue

Default Bright 2nd grader & school truancy / part-time home-school?

H Schinske wrote in message
And what are you telling your child when you say that school is important
to stay in even when you are not learning anything? I think that is a

message that is being put across to way too many bright kids, and one
reason why so many people don't have the guts to leave dead-end jobs or
work to make their live more interesting.

Then she needs to homeschool full time, if she is not happy. My kids are
learning in school and I am essentially happy with the education they have
had thus far. Like I said, if she is not happy then she should change. She
is sending the wrong message to her child by letting her go some of the
time, but taking her out for part of the time. NOT everyone thinks poorly of
public school and what they are getting.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)