Old April 10th 06, 09:35 PM posted to misc.kids

Default SIDS monitor?

This is the one I use (have two under two kids now)

http://www.babyuniverse.co.nz/site/p...onitor_AC20 1

I don't know if you can buy this one where you are.

It has been a great peace of mind for us - especially when they start
sleeping longer at night - you wake up and realise the time and you
think "OMG the baby is dead" then you realise the alarm hasn't gone off
so you can roll over and go back to sleep. Before we installed it we
would both wake up and go running into the baby's room and prod him.
He would wake up and cry - then you wonder why on earth you did that -
you could have done with the sleep

My friend borrowed my one when her daughter stopped breathing and had a
seizure in her arms. The first night the alarm went off - thanks to
her mums quick reaction she is fine.

Good luck
Camille