Old December 13th 07, 01:53 PM posted to misc.kids
Beliavsky

Default Organic milk / hormone free milk

On Dec 12, 5:09 pm, enigma wrote:

snip

why just milk? organically grown produce is widely available
& priced on par with imported, treated with who-knows-what-
chemicals-banned-in-the-US produce.
and if you aren't vegetarian, your meat is a hell of a lot
worse as far as hormones & antibiotics than your milk is! not
to mention the saline & chemicals injected into it to keep it
"shelf-stable" for a month...
lee

With all these alleged problems, life expectancy in the U.S. is now
about 78 http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lifexpec.htm and has been
rising over the years . I have never seen a convincing study showing
that organic food is healthier. I think the organic food movement
fulfills needs that are mostly psychological.

On the subject of milk, I place no value on the "organic" label, but I
do wonder when my kids should start drinking skim (fat-free) milk like
their parents, rather than whole milk. Right now the two boys (2 and
4yo) are a bit skinny, so we are continuing with whole milk.