Old July 24th 06, 06:34 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default single dads... with custody?!

"Mike" wrote in message
ink.net...
Nice to know there are others.

Yeah, I wanted my boys of course, but I guess still a bit bitter about the
whole thing... But in any case, is this like a tight group, or do people
come and go?

Well, those who fail Initiation go, those who pass stay. :P

Other than that, it *seems* to be the same old people over the years. Some
come, some go, some disappear for a while and then come back again.
It's pretty much whatever life allows. Sometimes it's hopping here, other
times, as dead as can be. The trend seems to be that people catch up when
they have free time (and as a parent, single or not, does 'free time' really
exist that often??)
It's basically the same people around for ages, you get the odd person who
pops in and goes, the odd troll or bit of spam but those who are posting on
a regular basis are about as common as those in and out people - and those
people come out of nowhere if they're more of the lurking type, offer their
2¢ and then go back to lurking mode.

"Zorro" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote ...

So am I alone?

nope

Am I peerless?

tricky... I'll pass on that one

I'm a newly single dad with 2 special needs boys (I fought for and won
custody...

Congratulations... lucky you!

but the judge deemed $45 / week "fair" child support... c'est la vie).

waddya want?... money?... or your kids?
(I think your ahead of the game now...dont you?)

Are there any support groups for such societal freaks as myself?

you found it!

... societal freaks?... penny a dozen here...

... aww sh*t, did I just say that out loud? ...