Old July 24th 06, 10:25 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default single dads... with custody?!

Mike wrote:
So am I alone? Am I peerless? I'm a newly single dad with 2 special needs
boys (I fought for and won custody... but the judge deemed $45 / week "fair"
child support... c'est la vie). Are there any support groups for such
societal freaks as myself?

Your not alone , there are more freeks just like you here. I'm not a
freek like you but rather a freek like me, and I think I am freekier
than you ...........but anyway be glad you get the 45/wk ! some get
less or even no help at all.

I am Bev, single, but not single, but not married, I have a girlfriend,
that is here when she is not working, I think I saw her for a moment
last week though ! My children are all almost 19 years old and above.
My oldest step child is like 30 something LOL! I spend a lot of time
caring for my grandchildren now that range from soon to be 15 to still
in the womb ! I just turned 40 for the 5th time and have the body of an
80 year old.(sexy picture) Parts are falling off left and right, thats
where the grandkids come in handy they pick em up for me so I dont lose
any. I am currently working with the doctors to rebuild. Life is what
it is , at first I thought how nice it would be once my youngest turned
18 and was on her way out into the big exciting world. Hmmmmmm no one
told me just because the first one flew 3000 miles away shortly after
she turned 18 meant the last one would follow ! LOL!
I miss her , she comes to visit once a year, she says that a few weeks
back home cures her homesickness.........,grinning now cause I know
what she means!

Anyway the younger one is borderline personality , she has a 21/2 yr
old whos favorite quote now that her Auntie from California was here is
"WHATEVER!" and another on the way, they live with me. It looks like a
long haul from here ! I sometimes participate, mostly read, I most
enjoy the adult interaction that sometimes happens here, sometimes good
for a laugh and a moment away from the stress.The advice is effective.

Welcome to the twilight zone..........