Old September 21st 06, 03:51 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

Default The Ty Pennington Story

"Janna Hoskin" wrote in message
Rich wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message
"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
David Wright wrote:
In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have
ever seen.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or
behavioral science,
You're not sure which?
He skipped that class.
Behavioral science IS psychology and V.V.
Take some drugs or have a drink or a dozen.

I used both terms because there are some here who open their mouth with
no education and I just identified two of them.
Okay, wise one. Tell us the difference between "punishment" and
"negative reinforcement" as defined by Dr. Skinner. Quickly now; you
lose points if you take time to look it up on the internet. If you
indeed studied the subject, the answer should be already in mind.

Too late, Vern. Either you didn't know, or you weren't paying attention.
I really don't believe you have any education in behavioral science OR
psychology. You're just blowing smoke, as usual.

Oh, hey, if Vern never gets back to you on that question, can I answer? I
know it!

(And I have a psych degree and have worked as a behavioural therapist with
autistic children, and I take medication for my ADHD.)

Well, good, so you keep yourself drugged.
So you work with people who charge money to play games.

After getting a degree and finding out the nonsense that Psychologists spout
(no stats to back them up), the dishonesty and typically the general
ignorance, I decided to go into Physics (not much opportunity except in
teaching) and then changed to Engineering.

Many (still a small percetage) M.D.s are less than honest and cause as much
damage as help, but MOST Psychologists and Psychiatrists do mostly harm.
They usually don't do it on purpose or with knowledge. They just have a
self agrandizing group of coherts.

-Janna
--
Respite Worker, Calgary, Alberta

Officially diagnosed ADHD February 11, 2005

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
normal." - Albert Camus
"I want to remake the world; anything less is not worth the trouble." -
Karen Cushman

http://comautworld.blogspot.com