Old September 21st 06, 03:52 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

Default The Ty Pennington Story

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
Janna Hoskin wrote:
Rich wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message
"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
David Wright wrote:
In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have
ever seen.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or
behavioral science,
You're not sure which?
He skipped that class.
Behavioral science IS psychology and V.V.
Take some drugs or have a drink or a dozen.

I used both terms because there are some here who open their mouth
with no education and I just identified two of them.
Okay, wise one. Tell us the difference between "punishment" and
"negative reinforcement" as defined by Dr. Skinner. Quickly now; you
lose points if you take time to look it up on the internet. If you
indeed studied the subject, the answer should be already in mind.

Too late, Vern. Either you didn't know, or you weren't paying attention.
I really don't believe you have any education in behavioral science OR
psychology. You're just blowing smoke, as usual.

Oh, hey, if Vern never gets back to you on that question, can I answer? I
know it!

(And I have a psych degree and have worked as a behavioural therapist
with autistic children, and I take medication for my ADHD.)

-Janna

Janna...you sig line, which did not copy, mentions that you are a Respite
Worker.

I'll nominate anyone who does respite for sainthood. It is the one single
most important aspect of support for families with special children-and
the one single most underfunded, underavailable support service for
families with special children.

I second the nomination.