Old October 3rd 03, 02:55 AM
Donna Metler

Default military schools?

"ColoradoSkiBum" wrote in message
We're already on our 4th school in just over 2 years. If you want all the
details I'll be glad to post them here in a new thread, or see my post in
alt.support.step-parents.

I don't know if Military schools accept children with problems as severe as
your post indicates. If you can find a program which would be appropriate,
it may be possible to get the school to pick up at least some of the bill,
since apparently his current program is not meeting his needs. It may be
worth talking to a special ed advocate or attorney to see if this is an
option. If there is an Independent Living Center in your area, they usually
have someone they can recommend for advocacy, and may also have suggestions
on appropriate residential schools. (ILC's cover a broader base than you
might think).

Good luck-I hope something works OK.

--
ColoradoSkiBum

"toto" wrote in message
: On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 17:27:01 -0600, "ColoradoSkiBum"
: wrote:
:
: Someone else mentioned JROTC. Unfortunately he's in 7th grade, so

that's
: not an option at this point. I don't think he'll make it to 9th grade

at
: the rate he's going. He'll be expelled or get his ass kicked by all

the
: other kids (who hate him) long before he gets there.
: --
: ColoradoSkiBum
:
: Definitely sounds like he needs a change of schools.
:
: One possibility - what about just changing from one school to another
: in your district. Sometimes a fresh start with new teachers and new
: kids can do the trick in terms of helping him. He can't really be
: happy doing what he is doing.
:
:
: --
: Dorothy
:
: There is no sound, no cry in all the world
: that can be heard unless someone listens ..
:
: The Outer Limits