Old December 6th 03, 11:29 PM
Kane

Default Kids should work.

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:47:50 +1300, "ChrisScaife"
wrote:

"Ignoramus29143" wrote in message
In article , Kane

wrote:

I see you have been going anywhere but to my question in response

your defense of spanking and OUR confusion about spanking being
beating.

spanking is a subset of beating.

IMHO beating starts when the victim shows lasting injury:
bruises, broken bones, brain damage, death...

Excellent. More honest and straightfoward than ten Doans.

My question was though, not quite that. It was a request for how I
would determine that point BEFORE these things indicated abuse.

You see it isn't that I'm trying to idenify abuse..that's easy, or
want to know how hard or frequently etc. to spank to do it, but rather
what is that point just before I would do abuse so that I can stop
short with maximum effect on the child for correction.

The last is of course, for me personally, facitious. I do not wish to
even begin spanking, but I ask in hope that some spanking parents
either have a stopping point thus reducing child pain and risk of
injury, or most desirable consider and decide NOT to use pain
parenting.

Those who have done the latter rather universally celebrate it and the
joyful fulfilling changes it brings to their and their family's lives,
and most of all the improved development and behavior of their
children.

Let's keep looking.

Kane