Old July 21st 07, 04:15 PM posted to soc.men,alt.child-support,alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce
Chris

Default Man walks into office and kills ex-girlfriend over child support

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Andre Lieven" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Jul 20, 7:52 pm, "teachrmama" wrote:
"Andre Lieven" wrote in message

snip for length

As for your scenario, well, the odds that you will run off with Danny
Dick are just a hair higher than your hubby will run off with Bertha
Big-
Boobs ( Once again, CF Braver ). How about a word for the millions
of *men* disenfranchised from their families over that reason ?

It's wrong, wrong, wrong. I cannot imagine what my life sould have

been
like without my father. I cannot imagine how much poorer my girls

lives
would be without their Daddy--and I don't mean financially.

Consider that you answered my question about empathy for such MEN by
talking about your life, and what it cost YOU. Now, try that again,
and
place those men *first*...

Children
DESERVE to have BOTH parents in their lives--not just a mommy and a
checkbook.

Absolutely. But think about the present system of forcing men to
become
liable for cash parents with NO choice in either aspect of their life
status. That *positively encourages* MORE OF what you just decried.

One cannot get some Good by subsidizing Bad. That subsidy WILL and
HAS created a LOT of Bad. Like April... Who Just Doesn't Get It.

I can't do any more than say that I agree with you that the system has
created unfais inewuities, abased fathers to the point that they are not
more than wallets, and harmed children by denying them a father who gets

BE a father. I'm with you on default 50/50 custody, no money changing

hands
except if a person WANTS to provide money. It should not be required.
(Although I do have to say that I feel that in cases of long term

marriages
where both parties agreed that one would be a stay-at-home parent, and the
other would be the breadwinner--if the breadwinner decides to leave, there
needs to be some financial help getting the stay-at-home parent

established.
If the SAH decides to leave, they are on their own) CHILDREN deserve both
parents.

But the "family" court people say differently. Hence, the reason why they
are doing their level best to eliminate fathers from children's lives. And
their batting average is approaching a perfect score.

Both parents deserve to be PARENTS!!