Old January 20th 04, 05:26 PM
Zucca4

Default Failed 1 Hour Glucose Test, Onto the 3 Hour!

I too "scored" a 156 initially and went on to fail the 3 hour unfortunately.
Ended up needing two shots of insulin (total 25 units daily) each day.

It sounds a lot worse than it was, though.

Don't cancel your 3 hour.

And I have my perfectly healthy sweet 8 week old Michael Jude here in my
arms....

Everything ended up fine.

I only gained 13 pounds for my pregnancy, had a 7 pound 10 oz little boy, and
ended up losing 36 pounds in the last two months! Being a diabetic forced me to
be extra vigilant with my diet and strange as it sounds might have been a
blessing in disguise.

Lots of breastfeeding has also done wonders.

Lisa