Old January 20th 04, 07:50 PM
Carol Ann

Default Failed 1 Hour Glucose Test, Onto the 3 Hour!

: I too "scored" a 156 initially and went on to fail the 3 hour
unfortunately.
: Ended up needing two shots of insulin (total 25 units daily) each day.

Yikes! Did you have a problem BEFORE getting pregnant?

: And I have my perfectly healthy sweet 8 week old Michael Jude here in my
: arms....

Awesome!!! Congratulations!

: I only gained 13 pounds for my pregnancy, had a 7 pound 10 oz little boy,
and
: ended up losing 36 pounds in the last two months!

Wow! I've gained 25lbs and HOPE that I don't have to have insulin AND that
I lose at least some of it!

:Being a diabetic forced me to
: be extra vigilant with my diet and strange as it sounds might have been a
: blessing in disguise.
:
: Lots of breastfeeding has also done wonders.

So, how are you now??

~Carol Ann