Old March 15th 08, 02:12 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default How to stop the night wakings?

On Mar 14, 5:29*pm, Rosalie B. wrote:

Wanting a specific mattress, not wanting white noise, and not being
able to sleep where there is talking or the like means problem sleeper
to me and cjra also mentioned that her parents laughed hysterically
when she complains which means to me that they probably had the same
problems with her or at any rate SOME problems.

I never suggested otherwise about myself. Yes, I have a problem
sleeping. Same as when I was a kid. That's why my parents laugh, they
say it's karma. But I wasn't discussing *my* sleep issues. I was
discussing my daughter's.

As for DH, yeah, he has some specific needs, but he doesn't have a
problem sleeping usually. He can wake up and fall back to sleep
easily. The mattress is an issue because he has a bad back, and his
mattress (which he had shipped to the US from Europe when he moved
here) works for him. He claims mine does not. His white noise (or lack
thereof) are just his issues.

All that said, I'm not sure why any of that matters, except that maybe
DD inherited my sleep problems.

I don't think this is heavy vs light. *It is what the person has
trained themselves to do. *I was a sound sleeper until I had children.
Then I had to train myself to wake up and go back to sleep again

My dad can sleep like a log, but say one word and he's up in a second.
My sister who's an MD is the same way - which is fortunate for her as
she often had to take advantage of short intervals for sleep. One
brother is also like that. My mom too. No one trained themselves,
that's just how they are. I don't know about the rest of my siblings,
but I've always had issues with insomnia.

Sleep problems are not something I'd choose, and I don't think they're
very simple to overcome. My parents treated/trained me sleep-wise the
same as my 6 older siblings. I still had problem sleeping as a kid.