Old June 14th 04, 04:32 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default Asthma, Advair and Pregnancy

Colleen wrote:

I have just become pregnant and have been using Advair for the last
year. Since the last posting to this the kids.pregnancy and
support.asthma groups in December 2003, has anyone else gained
first-hand experience or solid information regarding the use of Advair
either before or during pregnancy?

I went off it and have been feeling great. Some women experience an
improvement in their symptoms during pregnancy, and I'm possibly one of
them. I then found out that my doc would have preferred me going off of
it anyway, which kind of surprised me.

Personal experience: although the package inserts say that there is no
data to support increased infection (at least they used to say that)
while on this product, that's bogus. It's a steroid, therefore we know
that it increases the risk of infection. Anyway, while I was on it, I
had the worst cases of pneumonia of my life. I got so tired of being
that incredibly ill on a regular basis (it happened every single
frigging year that I was on it) that I decided to take my chances with
possibly developing emphysema later in life. ;-) I just keep a
bronchodilator on hand, now. My asthma is not very bad, though.