Old May 5th 04, 11:07 PM
A&G&K

Default First OB Appointment

"Leslie" wrote in message
I love my doctor!

I haven't seen him in three years, and when he saw me in the hallway he

gave me
a big hug and told me I looked wonderful (I'm about 30 lbs. lighter and in

much
better shape then when we last met!).

He cut my remaining bill in half, said I can pay it whenever, and allowed

me to
come back to the practice with no guarantee of payment for the current
pregnancy (looks like I can get Medicaid, though!).

He remembers all about me and all my pregnancies, even to remembering what

my
husband's part-time job was 14 years ago when we first began seeing him.

He told me that I have enough room to have an even bigger baby than

William
vaginally. He also assumed that I would be VBACing again, and he said we

would
go with *my* due date (based on estimated date of conception) even though

it is
a week later than what the dating ultrasound showed.

The only problem I anticipate is that he will probably push for some form

of
induction if I go beyond my due date, as he said as much today. I asked

him if
he didn't think induction was risky given three prior c-sections and he

said
ordinarily, perhaps, but not after I labored so well last time with

pitocin and
an unusually large baby.

In other news, I did have the ultrasound and everything looks normal

there, so
that was nice to see. And the ultrasound tech said that although it's a

bit
soon to tell for sure, she thinks it looks like a girl.

Leslie
Emily (13), Jake (10), Teddy (9), William (3 -- 13 lb. 5 oz. VBA3C)
#5 due 11/3/04

How wonderful ... it makes me miss my old Ob who has had to stop doing
Obstetrics due to the insurance crisis for health workers in Australia. The
new guy I see is OK .... but he's just *not* the same man who delivered my
daughter, joked with me through the entire pg, and held my hand when he told
me that my baby had died and I was going to miscarry last November :`{

.... but a *bigger* baby than William.... oooohhhhh ahhhhhhh.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003