Old October 20th 08, 09:43 PM posted to misc.kids
Babie

Default Boots! (common I'm sure)

So our baby girl is growing up and acts like a 13 year old (she's 5).

Jarrod and I went on yet another cruise recently. This one to celebrate our
15th anniversary. While we were gone, his mom stayed at our place to take
care of the girl, our dog and 2 cats.

She only lives about 2 hours from us, so we see her probably every other
week. For some reason, she decided to take Alegra on a shopping spree. One
of the things she bought was a pair of boots. Now we've had experience with
"boot issues" before as our niece is almost 9. But we never came up with a
perfect way to deal with it...

Alegra thinks she has to wear her boots with EVERYTHING. Before she was born
I referred to her as my little diva, and she certainly lives up to that
nickname. It isn't a huge deal, but how do you handle clothing issues? We've
been working a lot with the word "compromise" lately, so she's starting to
get it, but she still thinks her boots are the only thing she can wear.

Compared to other things, this is really our only "fight" we have with her.
One way we handle it is making her choose what she wants to wear to school
the night before after her bath. That usually works, but some mornings she
decided the boots are a must *grin*

LES!