Old January 23rd 09, 04:46 AM posted to misc.kids
Kat

Default Cloth diaper question...

"Nikki" wrote in message
news:4dWdnSqyS6fdeejUnZ2dnUVZ_hednZ2d@prairiewave. com...
Kat wrote:

Any suggestions on how many diapers I should have handy and ready to go?

I cloth diapered and I would say to plan on 10 diapers and 3 covers per
day for newborns and 10 diapers and 2 covers per day once they are out of
the blow out stage. You can also hand wash the covers (or throw them in
with other loads). That would be enough to no have diaper stress.

One thing I don't want to do is HAVE to wash diapers at least every day due
to not having enough. Although I do have some disposables, I'd much rather
save those for only when it's absolutely necessary. Keeping 2 diapered is
already a big strain on me, even though DDs don't go through many diapers in
a day, adding a 3d in many diapers a day is just an extra added expense that
really doesn't have to be a necessary expense.

I gave all my covers away but I have a ton of diapers (very good prefolds)
if you want them. I think I have the small and larger size. I know I have
the larger size but would have to double check the smaller size. You can
have them for free. I was the lucky recipient of some (from enigma!!) so
I'll pay it forward If you are interested you can email me at skavanagh
at knology dot net with your address.

I'd be interested in anything I can get my hands on right now and really am
not picky. At this point, I don't care if they have snaps, velcro, need to
be pinned, whatever. I'll definitely email you here. Would have been
actually reading posts sooner but ran into some family things this last
week.

I have plenty of large ones to outfit the older girls if you want them.
They might not go for it though, lol.

LOL DD1 seems to be the only difficult one. IMO, she should be using a
potty already lol She will not, though, and I can't keep up with
fighting with her over it. DD2, OTOH, will go for anything. She's very
easy and laid back, actually. I had made (a long while back) and DD2 loved
trying something new. She is a bit of a strange one, though, I must say.

--

Nikki