Old December 31st 03, 08:20 AM
Dagny

Default ot/ getting baby back to sleep

"Zucca4" wrote in message
Any suggestions on getting baby back to sleep in the most efficient way at
night. Our son is 5 weeks old and still has his days and nights confused.

We
call him our little vampire as he slumbers for most of the day and is

bright
eyed and bushy tailed at night.

After nursing and changing his diaper he lays on top of us in our arms. We
can't put him down, even next to us on his back, or he cries. We love

snugglig,
but we really need to catch some zzzs. It takes hours to put him back to

sleep
and by then it's time to change his diaper or feed again.

This, I'm sure you can tell, is our first child. I knew I'd suffer from

sleep
exahaustion, but it's getting ridiiculous. Sometimes I'm only getting 2

hours a
night. It's getting me depressed.

Any tips?

thanks,
Lisa

Have you learned to nurse lying down yet, with him already next to you on
the bed? It was a little tricky at first, but I had a friend who never
mastered it so I tried hard right away and we got the hang of it.

Does he let you put him down sleeping during the day?