Old July 8th 03, 07:08 PM
Karen

Default A teenager question

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 21:01:32 -0400, "dejablues"
wrote:

FWIW, I would't kick any of my children out unless they were repeat
criminals.

Absolutely agreed: Kicking a child out of the nest before adulthood
(he's still a minor, for god's sakes!) is harsh and in this case it
sounds unnecessary.

I can certainly see his frustrated parents requiring this young man to
get a job and chip in for some share of his room and board if he
refuses to continue with school, but I think "kicking him out" is an
absolute last resort for a child who is really a danger to the family
- not someone going through a tough late adolescence.

My mother's heart would never allow me to do something like that.

Karen

--
The Orange Cat: Calendar, advice & tips for busy families in the San Gabriel Valley
www.theorangecat.org