Old August 8th 03, 03:29 PM
Nikki

Default Baby Food Question

Tracy wrote:
"Herself" wrote in message
Tracy wrote:

Which leads me to why I have been lurking....
My son was started on small bits of rice at 4 months (He self
weaned from breast to formula at 7 months) and was eating pretty
much anything. Now, at 9 months he hardly wants food. We had a bout
of diarrhea at 8.5 months and did 24 hrs on clear fluids. Right
after that, he decided he only wanted to eat one meal a day. I know
nutritionally, this is fine, but I am concerned about the sudden
change. His ped isn't. Thoughts?

Sometimes kids go off food for a little bit...just like sometimes
they will only eat one type of food. How long has he only wanted
liquids? (if he only wants liquids, I'm just guessing).

A week and a half...he'll eat one meal, but with a little more
protest. He ate a great lunch today, who knows!

I found that behavior extremely common (going off solids with teeth, colds,
any minor physical illness). They always bounced back in due time. Hunter
took at least 2 weeks to get back to normal, longer if he was really sick.
Luke was a little quicker but he had a larger appetite, took him about a
week is all. I wouldn't be concerned especially after an intestital bug.
He might still feel a little 'off'.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)