Old August 9th 03, 04:44 AM
Chookie

Default Baby Food Question

In article ,
"Ali's Daddie" wrote:

Alegra is not ready for solids yet. In fact, the pediatrician said that she
will discuss with us the introduction of solids at our next visit (september
30th). 4 month visit.

THe current recommendation is SIX months. If your doc isn't up to date, find
another one.

What I am wanting to know is how many of you make your own baby food?

I made all DS' food at that age, apart from the rice cereal (which I mixed
with breast milk).

What kind of processor (blender etc) do you use?

I used a sieve the one time I tried pureeing and freezing. Guess who didn't
want to eat the result!

And lastly, where do you get the recipes?

The recipe (which I got at the health service Mothers' Group) is:

Steam a vegetable. Puree it. Feed it to baby (or freeze in ice cube trays
for later).

Or alternatively: mash banana (or other soft fruit) with fork. Feed to baby.

It was such a pain trying to spoon-feed DS that we moved to finger foods after
7 weeks of rice cereal/purees. Thin slivers of fruit, cheese, pieces of pasta
etc. DS is now that *other* kind of toddler -- some of them appear to live on
air, but DS eats like a horse. However, he (at 29mo) is as tall as the 3yo we
visited last night, so it's obviously going somewhere. I suppose it is hard
if they don't appear to be growing.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990