Old July 9th 03, 04:03 AM
R. Steve Walz

Default A teenager question

Rosalie B. wrote:

x-no-archive:yes blacksalt wrote:

"Rosalie B." wrote:

There is a BIG BIG difference between your saying "I'll eat my own
bread" and having your mom kick you out. It was YOUR choice and not
HER choice. She said, quite correctly that in her house it was her
rules. You didn't want to abide by the rules, so you left. She
allowed you to exercise that option.

That's quite different (although it looks the same on the surface
perhaps) to someone saying GET OUT - I just can't stand that you won't
do your schoolwork any longer so you can't live here anymore..

Was it a matter of changing the locks and calling the police to keep a
17.5 year old out, or merely saying "these are the basic rules, and if
you leave if you don't want to follow them" and the kid saying "see ya
later"? I didn't get the feeling that physical force was involved
(actually "kicking out").

I don't think changing locks was involved, but I did get the idea that
a certain amount of psychic force was involved. Not fisticuffs or
anything like that - maybe putting his stuff out on the lawn or
something similar. In any case what was written here was

A friend just threw her 17.5 year old son out of the house.

Illegal in all 50 states of the USA. Have to wait till they're 18.
But then, even so, you may lose your child and heritage for life.
Steve