Old November 22nd 08, 03:07 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default reason for avoiding fast heart rate

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
so, in some pregnancy books I've seen advice about exercise suggesting to
not have the heart rate go above a certain point, I assumed the reason for
this was that with no cooling mechanism, this avoids the baby getting it's
core temperature too high. I was just wondering if that was really the
reason, or could the high heart rate itself be a problem?

Cheers
Anne

I might be totally misreading and really missing the point, but are these
books suggesting a person should avoid some exercise during pregnancy
because it raises the heart rate?

Right after DD2 was born, I went back to running. I actually continued
jogging/running into this pregnancy, but it was until this summer (as I
wasn't able to get out due to DS being out of school and no childcare) and
now I'm back at it after the summer break but have gone down to nothing more
than a jog... Although I would have been 2-3 months only during the summer,
and just a couple days shy of 30 weeks right now.

I had asked my OB if continuing my running/jogging would be alright, and she
said there was no concerns about anything, but do the obvious and not over
do anything....