Old July 11th 03, 11:05 PM
Wendy Marsden

Default A teenager question

Marijke wrote:

Again, I'm so curious as to why you're angry that very few people are
agreeing with your friend.

Sorry, Marijke, I've been here long enough to realize that the thread was
definitely going to draw more criticism than helpful advice. I really
like the way usenet comes up with different perspectives on a
problem.

But I really, really didn't want it to be all about whether she is a good
parent or not. I wanted to steer the conversation WELL AWAY from picking
her apart. I know she won't be able to bear it - she has no experience
with a place where you post your life's most awful traumas and have people
stomp all over you. *I* know this and should have expected it.

I also understand how these threads sort of become a case study for us to
explore how we want to handle these things in our own lives. That's part
of why I posted it, in fact, because I want to explore how to handle the
scenario of a kid who isn't following house rules. She's living it, but I
have two pre-teens and I'm paying close attention to how to handle this.

Wendy