Old May 29th 04, 02:39 AM
A&G&K

Default Quantitiative hcG tests

"DL" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

I've noticed in some postings that people get a "quantitative hcG"
test early in pregnancy to ensure that the hcG levels are rising and
doubling as expected, or it seems from some posts that it helps "age"
the fetus if conception date is not known. I only had a qualitative.

When I went to my dr., he basically said "stay healthy and we'll see
you at eight weeks". So are the quantitative hcG tests something
people are seeing as routine to other doctors, or are they primarily
given when m/c is feared? I am new to this whole process and want to
make sure I'm doing everything I should. Is this something people ask
for, and if so, when?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Donna

I only had quantitative hcG's (Beta hcG) done before my m/c and then again
to confirm that I was actually pregnant again (we got pg 2 weeks after my
D&C and so my Ob wanted to double check that it was a new pregnancy and that
I hadn't got a +ve hpt with any residual hcG from the previous pg).
There is no real need for you to have a BhcG if you are having a healthy
pregnancy.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002