Old March 14th 04, 04:04 AM
melbgal1

Default Push presents...?

says...
"Carla" wrote ...

I think someone just came up with a name for
the presents that most husbands already gave their wives when they
give birth. What's the big deal?

Sorry I meant Valentines day. Here in New Zealand the marketing hype starts
weeks out they advertise hugely expensive things. It's just crazy. All the
shops have huge window displays, TV advertising is all Valentines gifts.
Radio plays valentines games and countless "what will you get your
valentine" ads. There is tons of pressure to buy something and how much you
spend becomes important. The underlying message is if you love your partner
you will buy them something. Of course lots of people don't buy into it but
there are many who do.

I'm not sure if i've *ever* received a Valentine's Gift ... but I bet I
would notice it more if I were single or lonely.

I wonder if all the 'desperate&dateless' feel they are missing out on
something they assume the whole world ( bar them ) is celebrating ?

It seems mean. I wonder if suicides go up at VD (like they do at Xmas?)

Bloody hype !

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004