Old September 9th 06, 02:26 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.education,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids.health,alt.support.attn-deficit
Raving

Default Seeking straight A's, parents push for pills

Raving Beauty wrote:
nimue wrote:
toto wrote:
I am a
teacher and I can tell you that kids who get As usually do so because they
love learning.

Bull****.

Getting straight A's necessitates one PLAY THE GAME

A) Feed teachers demand for narcissistic supply

B) Appease teachers demand for form over substance

C) Always subordinate the truth to being an A student

etc.

I would roughly agree with Raving Beauty on this one.

Those classes that I learned the most in, were the ones that I *really*
had to struggle to learn. Coasting along with a near perfect score is
dumb.

Being penalized for struggling and failing is dumb, dumb and dumber.

Struggling and eventually prevailing is the *sweetest* of all, IMO.

Cordially,

Raving