Old September 9th 06, 03:23 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.education,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids.health,alt.support.attn-deficit
Raving Beauty

Default Seeking straight A's, parents push for pills

nimue wrote:
Raving Beauty wrote:
nimue wrote:
toto wrote:
I am a
teacher and I can tell you that kids who get As usually do so
because they love learning.

Bull****.

Getting straight A's necessitates one PLAY THE GAME

What game?

A) Feed teachers demand for narcissistic supply

I am not sure what you mean by that, and it's not the missing apostrophe
that is throwing me; it's the sentence structure. That sentence says that
teachers demand a narcissistic supply -- but of what? I suspect you mean
that students must appeal to the teacher's narcissism by offering praise and
flattery. Is that what you mean? If you want to be an effective
communicator, you have to write clearly.

B) Appease teachers demand for form over substance

Wow, you think teachers are narcissistic and that there is something wrong
with demanding "form." Do you mean good grammar? Why is there this myth
that anything that is grammatically correct is necessarily shallow? The
classics of world literature show how wrong that idea is. It's ridiculous.
It's a lie people who cannot express themselves coherently tell themselves.
A grammatical wreck may have substance, but that substance may be lost
because the sentences make no sense.

C) Always subordinate the truth to being an A student

Oh, so A students have to lie. According to you, there is no way to tell
the truth and be a A student. You have a pretty low opinion of teachers and
A students. You think that A students lie to and flatter teachers (who are
dumb enough to fall for it) and that nothing these A students write has any
meaning. Sure.

Eat grits!

I PLAYED THE GAME long enough to get straight A's to graduate HS with
honors, and gain admission and graduate with honors from a first rate
University, --then, gain admission to an exclusive grad school,
then, obtain my professional credentials, etc.

Yet---here I sit nearly 30 years later being dismissed as a stupid,
dumb, idiotic, demented, retarded, delusional, psychotic nitwit
because I decline to feed your narcisism, your insistance upon form
over substance, and your demand I subordinate the truth to getting MY
ego stroked by a vindictive narcissistic witch/wizard like you.