Old November 13th 03, 09:50 AM
Greg Hanson

Default Kids should work !!!

LaVonne:
Do you think chores should be assigned as discipline?
I made sure to attach all of the background so you
have the complete context of the question over on
alt.parenting.spanking
I wouldn't want Kane's good buddies to miss a bit of it.

Kane's theme song
There's nothing McBragg can't do.
Hunting and trapping and gold miner mapping
And flying to Timbuktu.
Roping and riding and Indian guiding
Commander McBragg comes through.
This is the World of Commander McBragg
Your head will whirl in the World of McBragg.
He can do anything in his world he's a king
Or so says the brag of McBragg.

http://tinyurl.com/ucs4

It's a small JPEG picture of Commander McBragg and his sidekick.
Thanks lynx.

"bobb" wrote in message thlink.net...
wrote in message
(Kane) wrote:
On 10 Nov 2003 22:55:52 -0800,
(Greg Hanson)
wrote:
Bobb, Watch them tear into it, insult you, mince words and use
sophistry
all in an attempt to overcome your common sense and truth.
There is no need for your to pump up your victimhood, or bobb's. You
make perfect victims of yourselves all by your lonesome.
Lots of worthwhile persuits that kids used to be able to do are now
considered too dangerous.

[e.d.].
I remember taking a 5 horse Johnson
outboard on a little Alumacraft boat and exploring all around a huge
lake alone when I was about 9 years old.
Who stops children of 9 from doing these things today? My neighborhood
is full of kids that are out and about doing such things.
Visited farm kids that could
roam all over a considerable territory far from constant supervision.
I live in farm and ranch country, and grew up in similar country, and
kids today are doing just what they did when I was a kid. While their
wheeled transport is either a bit more sophisticated (better bikes) or
powered, there are still packs of kids wandering around on horseback.
Took firearm safety training IN the public school,
They still do around here. I see kids wandering down the road year
around with either fishing tackle or a gun in hand. You are a
sit-on-your-ass know nothing, Greegor. When are you going to get a
job?
[In school Physical Ed] spent a week on Trap Shooting.
Yesterday called my friends that own the local country store and they
sent their 15 year old over to shoot the buck that's been savaging my
roses so badly. I suspect I'll get a little venison out of it.
She took him down with her shotgun and double ought. One shot, bleed
him out and field dressed him herself.
(I discovered I had a natural ability, classmates were impressed.)
Awww...we are impressed. I was shooting game at 9, including deer.
First elk at 15. Bear the same year.
And kids in my neighborhood are doing just about the same. When I went
out for the paper about 30 minutes ago I stopped going out of the
place to admire the hunting pics for 2003 tacked up on the back of the
door.
They all stop at the store to do the paperwork reporting their kills
and the store owner always takes a few photos.
Out of about 15 pics half were of kids with elk, deer, and one was
standing by a black bear he had shot.
If we let the Social Workers continue to cover the world with NERF
foam,
we will become a nation of "hothouse flowers", a bunch of panzies.
You and bobb are full of [e.d.]. No such thing goes on.
Where do you think the young men and women fighting in Iraq come from?
You wouldn't last an hour under such conditions. You'd be looking for
little girls to give showers to. And whining and complaining and
lying.
Life is risk. A life with no risk at all might not be worth living.
Sure is. Those pop cans have sharp edges on the opening. And you could
break a nail on those heavy pop bottles. Be careful.
You two are a wonder.
Every reader that has access to areas outside the city knows damn well
you are lying through your teeth. And not a few in the city for that
matter.
There are a few safety laws today that provide just a bit more
protection for children in hunting, farming, and ranching situations
but kids are still getting out there and still having the occasional
accident.
If CPS workers were so damn successful in wrapping kids in nerf foam
why am I seeing in the media that children are still dying on occasion
from excessive exploritory exhuberance?
You and bobb are a couple of mastubatory wonders.
snip....bobb's drivel about lazy overprotected children.....since I
already answered it in another post.
Kane

There's nothing McBragg can't do.
Hunting and trapping and gold miner mapping
And flying to Timbuktu.
Roping and riding and Indian guiding
Commander McBragg comes through.
This is the World of Commander McBragg
Your head will whirl in the World of McBragg.
He can do anything in his world he's a king
Or so says the brag of McBragg.
http://tinyurl.com/ucs4

I wondered if I was the only one who noticed ... but I didn't know how to
respond. You did... and very much to the point.

bobb