Old September 26th 05, 07:18 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Rosalie B. wrote:

**And I wasn't thinking of widening the street, just extending the bus
**cutout. (How long is that and how many buses?)
*
*I meant how many buses do you have.

I have no idea how many buses come to the school and use the cutout,
actually.

* *Do they all unload at once, or is there a time frame progression?

Again - I don't know, although I guess probably a progression, because
like I said, it's only about 2 buses long.

**OK - how about making the street one way? And not having parents go
**into the parking lot at all, but just drop off in the lane next to the
**school - like having a kiss and ride lane during certain hours.

Wow, another interesting idea. I have to say I doubt it would be widely
accepted, though. The bus cut-out takes up pretty much the length of the
sidewalk between the driveway into the lot, and the intersection - maybe
there is about 3-4 feet of regular sidewalk area between the cut-out and
the intersection. I'm not sure what making it one-way would do as far as
access into and egress from the buildings across the street, either - I
wonder if this has been studied.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth