Old August 25th 03, 06:19 PM
Andrea A. Phillips

Default No more LAM, thoughts on IUD

"She's A Goddess" wrote in message
. net...
insert and $20 to remove, which is a good deal. The question is, should I
go with a regular one or with Mirena? Will the hormones in the Mirena

cause
any supply issues (my recollection is no because it isn't estrogen?)? And
finally, will it induce a period? Or will I still not have one until my
body otherwise would have ramped back up?

I vote Mirena (and I'm getting mine in a week or so). I don't think any IUD
will cause periods if you wouldn't have had them anyway, but the copper IUDs
cause periods to be heavier and more painful than they would otherwise have
been.

Mirena is progesterone only, and a small amount of it at that, so it
shouldn't affect your supply at all. Also, the hormone combats the
period-heaviness induced by IUDs in general, and many women who are not even
nursing report that their periods become lighter or disappear completely
while they are using Mirena.

HTH.

--Andrea